Founders’ Fortune has gone through a small explosion: In the last couple of days, more than 2500 new players signed up to try our game. This is incredible and I couldn’t be happier!
During all that activity, we received a lot of bug reports and suggestions. Many of them have been duly written down and will be considered for a future major release. However, we selected some of the most critical bugs and the most useful, simple suggestions to include in a minor update, which is out now.
Along with these bugfixes and improvements comes a big step: Our community has put in an incredible amount of work and managed to translate more than 1200 phrases, sentences and paragraphs into French and Spanish in the span of only a couple days. This is a great achievement and will make playing Founders’ Fortune a lot easier for a big part of the playerbase.
Alpha 6.1 – The Translation Update – is fully compatible to all other Alpha 6 versions, so you can just continue with your previous savegames.
See the full changelog below and continue being awesome in the Discord and the Forum.
Have fun playing!
Features and Changes
- Food supply is less difficult: Colonists get hungry less quickly in calm and exciting worlds
- Renamed “small shelf” category to “dressers” and “big shelf” to “big shelf or cabinet” to avoid confusion
- Selecting a colonist also highlights his bed
- Dumbness is shown in profession promotion panel to avoid confusion
- Checkbox UI improved
- Unpausing with hotkeys goes back to previous speed before pause
- Removed fog until we have more time for the weather system (don’t worry, snow storms are still in there)
- And of course: Community Translations for French and Spanish!
- Fixed room detection bug that made colonists forget they had a bedroom when it was extended
- Beds can only be assigned to living colonists now
- Fixed bug that would remove designations from resources
- Small Table collision box was too large
- If people have a breakdown event, the mood bar is now red no matter what they do
- Fixed window resizing issue
- Pessimistic thought didn’t vanish when pessimism trait was removed
- Some grammar improvements and fixed missing descriptions
- Fixed keybinding problem where using the number 4 as a hotkey for 4x speed wouldn’t work
- Fixed a navigation issue
- Houses now calculate correct number of rooms